Free education means the students pay for nothing
At GHTA we provide our students with all of the supplies they need to attend school. Some of these materials can be purchased locally, and we use volunteer fees and donations to make purchases. Other supplies can only come from overseas. We also need supplies to run our Children’s Program.
Please, we need your help. The following lists show items that we currently need to ensure that we can continue to operate effectively.
For the Adult Education Centre:
- Stapler and staples
- One whole punch
- Dry eraser markers for whiteboards
- Printer cartridges for our HP printer – cartridges HP#122, black and tricolour
- Abridged ESL Readers – Penguin Readers at different levels
- Books about world cities
- Scotch tape
- Books on teaching English as a foreign language
- Business textbooks (marketing, sales, advertising, basic finance and accounting)
- Notebooks A4/A5, lined
- Pyrox Mosquito spirals
- Cork board, thumb tacks
- Insect repellant spray for rooms
- Ziplock bags, all sizes
- White chalk
- Paper clips
- Sewing threads
- Large pair of scissors
- Batteries AAA
For the Children’s Program:
- Soccer balls
- Dolls (ideally multi-cultural dolls, ones that are good role models)
- Toys and games
- Construction paper
- Water colours and brushess
- Soft balls
- Toy cars
- Safety scissors
We also always welcome donations of clothing and shoes for women and children.
- Every semester we collect donated used clothing and give it to one of our graduates to start a small used clothing business.
- During Friday home visits, we give our students’ children clothes as well as we often give clothes to the children who attend our after school program.
If you, your friends and family, class, school, or church would like to assemble a package of supplies and mail it to our Adult Education Centre, we would be so grateful.
Please, note that we have enough pens, pencils, crayons and markers at this time.
For more information, please, contact Monika at email@example.com.