We are small and that’s a good thing!
Are we a huge international non-profit organization? No. Do we want to be? No.
What makes GHTA different than a big charity :
- We are 100% volunteer-run; we do not pay any staff in the West and do not have any offices to support
- GHTA’s budget is comprised exclusively of donations and volunteer fees
- 100% of the money donated goes to programs and students
- Real experience and impact – you work directly with Tanzanian women and can tangibly see people’s lives change while you’re here
- Intimate experience – you work within a small team of school staff and other volunteers
- Personal touch – you live with a small number of other volunteers, allowing you to get to know each other well.
We need YOU! Because we are a small organization, our volunteers are critical to keeping the school up and running. Without you, there is no GHTA. You make a difference.
To learn more about donating to GHTA, please click here.
To learn more about volunteering with GHTA, please click here.